These days, my programming has a few components:
1. Weightlifting – 4 days a week. High intensity, unless I’m doing a PR attempt.
2. Short conditioning – after the weightlifting sessions.
3. Catch-up/Skill work as follows:
* Double-unders – started feeling more and more comfortable with them. I try to have at least 2 jump rope sessions per week. One with singles to promote capacity and technique and one with double-unders to promote skill, strength and stamina.
* Muscle-ups – this week was my first strict muscle-up. Pretty excited about it as I worked so hard on these. I try to attack these with volume. Always have one session on the catch-up Tuesdays and then try to squeeze in muscle-ups throughout the week. When my shoulders feel tired or I want to keep them fresh, I do on strict chest-to-bar pull-ups.
* Core strength – here I do 2-3 rounds for time of a couple of core strength exercises, at least 4 times a week. I’m also doing some high rep (romanian) deadlift on the Tuesdays, to strengthen the back. Visited a chiropractor about a week ago, which did seem to help with my back injury. Probably going to do that again next week.
* Handstands – once or twice a week I do either handstand shoulder touches and/or high rep handstand push-ups. I really need to develop some stamina here, but at the same time I want to have my shoulders fresh for the heavy weightlifting and also to keep some juice for the muscle-ups.
* Squats – my goal is to squat something 7 days a week. Try to keep proper technique and to have at least one back squats day.