Weightlifting – heavy day
warm-up sets, 2×70, 2×75(f), 1×75, 1×80, 1×85, 1×88(f), 1×88(f), 1×80(f), 2×70
Wasn’t on to my game and worst of all, I’m not sure why. I blamed it on the lower amount of heavy squats I did the last week and the increased conditioning volume. Not sure if that’s the case though.
Clean & Jerk:
warm-up sets, 1×90, 1×100, 1×105, 1×110(f), 2×90
3×100, 3×100, 3×100, 5×90, 5×90
EMOTM for 10 minutes
10 thrusters with 10kg dumbbells
Woke up with a terrible muscle soreness from the thrusters on Wednesday. Decided to take it lighty and do a slow 2K row.
Still with very serious muscle soreness on the quads. Not feeling like doing 15.2 so I joined the CrossFit workout at the local gym. It was a scaled version of 15.2 with 1 round every 3 minutes instead of 2.
Tried to maintain a pace similar to what wi be required for the non-scaled version to get a feel of what strategy I should have. Worked until the round of 16s when I lagged behind the pace I need.
So far my goals would be to:
- Get into the round of 14s
- Pace the workout as evenly as possible
- Try to go with singles on the pull-ups from the start
- Break the squats and the pull-ups into 3 sets and rest the bar on the shoulders
- Try to keep the pull-ups quick with efficient kip; the overhead squats should use a narrower grip
- For next year, I’ll have to learn the butterfly pull-ups.
Can’t decide between weightlifting shoes and the nanos yet.